I finally finished! I have never been so happy to have something off the needles. But, I like it. I spent part of Saturday blocking. First here it is before.
And here it is soaking in the sink. I think it enjoyed the bath.
Then I laid it out on the dining room table, good thing we eat in the kitchen. I think the cables look so much better blocked.
Later that day I took it to the fabric store (yes slightly damp) to pick out buttons. This seems to be such a project every time. So many buttons. Here's some of my choices.
With some help from another button shopper (she was going for little pink buttons of a certain pinkness)I ended up going with the plain ones on the far right. Tuesday night I'll sew them on and I'm wearing it to work on Wednesday. I am so done with this!
Final thoughts. I like it, I was wearing it over my jammies this morning and I think it looks pretty good even without buttons. Ten skeins plus another half was more than I expected. The chart was hard for me, I have no idea why, I've knit countless things from charts. I think the cables with the five increases and decreases were very clever now that they're done and I quite like the faux seams. And I think I'll be getting a lot of use of it, but I'm never making another one. THE END.
Mood Ring: Confessions of a serial dyer
1 year ago