Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Roses & Rhododendrons

It's been such a cold spring this year we haven't been outside long enough to enjoy the garden. Oh I've weeded and tidied up and planted some flowers and vegetables and Mr. Truck has been cutting the grass, but not really walking around admiring things every day, not noticing the little changes because we're inside trying to stay warm. But when we got back this weekend this is what greeted us out the back door.





I guess the roses bloom even when we don't pay much attention to them.





And the rhododendron by the back door doesn't seem to mind the cold either.



And they're even better today.

12 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Oh Susan, your flowers are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Pink, pink, pink! Your flowers look great!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Lovely flowers.

Iron Needles said...

Yea! for surprises...especially garden surprises. I have lots of rose buds, and still a few weeks from anything like a bloom there.

And yea for warmer weather.

Of course, we say that now!

maryeb said...

I think cool temperatures keep the flowers around longer. It seems to be that way in my yard anyway.

I don't wilt as fast either :)

Sarah said...

Your roses are beautiful! My husband and I planted our first ever garden this year and we've very excited. Everything is doing well except our lilies. I hope our flowers grow at pretty as yours!

sara said...

What a gorgeous yard! It must be so nice to sit out there.

Alexandra said...

Oh very pretty! Beautiful flowers!

Mary said...

Gorgeous photos, gorgeous roses! I could almost smell them!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! What a lovely treasure to find blooming :)

amanda said...

Beautiful. I don't have a single rose in my garden so am quite envious!

The Big Burbs said...

Climbing roses are my absolute favorite! Yours are amazing--- I can almost smell the sweet fragrance of that gorgeous pink bloom. And what a nice compliment your Rhodies are.