Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Stitches East

My first Stitches. I went by myself on Friday morning and after checking in I just wandered around until my first class. I had Morphing Cables with Fiona Ellis and it was really fun. I learned so much about how cables move around.




On Saturday I had Lily Chin's all day class on Reversible Cables which was totally amazing. If you ever have a chance, take one of her classes!




I did spend a little time in the Marketplace. This is Stardust from Dream in Color Experimentals in Russet. I bought enough to make a sweater. It has little sparkles in it. (From Discontinued Yarns)




And this is from Lisa Souza whose yarn is more beautiful in person than it is online. It's a very generous 500 yards. I had a nice chat with Lisa who is hoping for a grandchild.




This is a beautiful merino/cashmere/nylon sock yarn from String Theory. I met the ladies from there at the hotel and their hand-dyed yarn is gorgeous.




And I dove into the big playpen of yarn from Woolstock Knit Shop and came up with a great sale on 8 skeins of Silky Wool.



I finally knit on the big sock and got a button to prove it.



It was a little odd going by myself but I was never really alone. I talked to lots of knitters in the classes, in the marketplace, at the hotel and on the buses. The hotel lobby was full of knitters all Saturday evening, such a nice thing. And some lovely ladies from The Knitter's Edge in Bethlehem, PA. invited me to dinner. (Thanks Amanda, Eileen and Joan!) Little Sister is in Bethlehem and I'll be checking out their store very soon. It was such a fun time and I'll be going back to Hartford again next year. Oh and Mr. Truck even admitted that he missed me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great stash acquisition and it sound like you had a lot of fun to boot! I can't wait until I get to Stitches West now. :)

adoptionmsw said...

Why didn't you tell me you were going? My sister and I were there from Wednesday evening until Sunday afternoon. It would have been nice to have a drink with you. We spent a lot of free time hanging out in the sitting area of the Marriott right next to the Starbucks...