Thursday, February 28, 2008

Editorial

Missed WIP Wednesday, so here's my wip:


Tangled Yoke Cardigan by Eunny Jang.
While I love the pictures and I'm sure I'm going to love the sweater, I'm not loving the knitting of it. Some patterns, are so intuitive, or maybe it's instinctive. Most of the patterns by Elizabeth Zimmerman for example. Recently, for me, it was the Koolhaus Hat by Brooklyn Tweed. There's a moment while knitting that you go "AHA! I see where this is going and I totally get it." That's when the knitting gets almost Zen like, or what I think Zen like would be. The knitting sings to me. Now this sweater is not doing that for me. It's more like, hmmmmm, what exactly does THAT mean, what is she trying to tell me. I don't know if it's the words or the pattern itself. Anyway, it becomes more of a puzzle that you have to slowly figure out. Not that that's a bad thing and not that you won't love the FO. Just that the process of the knitting is very different. I love all aspects of this craft, but I guess I like some better than others. And this one isn't singing.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Yes, but you are persevering! I don't yet get to the intuitive aha! moments yet, much, in knitting, so patterns have to guide me 90% of the way. I admire your advanced skills 8^) and the sweater is a lovely one. Pour vous?
~Stacie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Duh, delete the above. Looked at the wrong pattern, this one looks lovely and there really is no overall pattern. Sorry.
Hoppiety