Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Very Long Time Ago

I was a very young mother and I knit my newborn a sweater from this book:
Here's the picture:

and this one, too:

It only cost one dollar, isn't that funny! Mon Tricot from Spring/Summer 1973. I knit probably almost everything in it and bought a few more of the books, too. I learned so much from those little books, read every word, more than once. And I gave away almost all the clothes I made as my babies got bigger. And the books disappeared. So when I found the books again last winter, I bought them. I paid a lot more than a dollar! Here's where I found them. And here's a picture of Baby Reese in the sweater I made for her just like her mommy's:

I think her mommy might have the original pink sweater I made. I'll have to ask her.

3 comments:

Oiyi said...

Awww...what a sweet sweater! And that baby is a cutie.

Stacie said...

I agree with Oiyi! Cute sweater and cute baby! If you were knitting sweaters from 1973 then you have a lot of experience!!

Happily Knit said...

Too cute! How exciting to get to reminisce about those little things :) Found you through Ravelry, I enjoy your blog :)