Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Sweater

Not the best pictures, I have the same problem as Sara, it's the photographer. Mr. Truck just doesn't get what I want in a picture but he tries.


This is the Printed Silk Cardigan from IK. I made it in Plymouth Yarn Wildflower D.K. and although the yarn was really really splitty I like the end result.

Posted by Picasa


I followed the pattern exactly except I knit it all in one piece to the armholes which meant I had to take out the selvage stitches except I left one in at each side and purled those to make a faux seam. And I made a hem so it wouldn't roll. Oh, and I lengthened the bodice so the empire waist would be where it should be on me. But other than, I swear it's just like the pattern, except I did shorten the sleeves a bit.


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa


It's very comfortable and it's one that I've gotten quite a few compliments on.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! Great job!!!

SimplyMe said...

it's beautiful. If you don't get compliments on it...it's because the viewer is BLIND!!!!!

sara said...

It's awesome! Mr. Truck is a much better FOtographer. I bet he doesn't whine about it either.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Wow! That's really nice! Well done.

Diane said...

I love it, very nice! I love how you did it exactly as the pattern, LOL!

Iron Needles said...

I can see why you have gotten compliments on it. It's gorgeous. Excellent work.

Susan Gatewood said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Susan said...

Thank you Susan!