Tuesday, August 4, 2009

N is for Niddy Noddy

When I started this spinning thing I read lots of books and they all said you need a niddy noddy but I think, not me I can just wind the yarn on a chair back or a lampshade or something. Then I try winding the yarn on a chair back and I realize I really need a niddy noddy. So I show Mr. Truck a picture and say "I need this, can you make one?" And he says, "I'll put it on the list." So I go back to the chair. But Mr. Truck must have felt sorry for me because the next day I come home to this.



And it works much better than the chair.


It's an old broomstick and a dowel and it works just fine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so nice of your husband! It looks like it works great. :)

Marie said...

You are so lucky to have a handy husband. I hope you know that. My husband would have instructed me to buy a niddy noddy and to not bother him with such requests.

Henya said...

What a nice guy! I can not use my "N" thing. It keeps falling apart on me. I think I will show Mr. Truck"s creation to my Dad, he might put it on his list.

Iron Needles said...

I love my niddy noddy. Can't live without it! Excellent to have such a handy fellow.

Iron Needles said...

I love my niddy noddy. Can't live without it! Excellent to have such a handy fellow.