Saturday, April 4, 2009

IRL

Mr. Truck calls all of you my imaginary friends but I know you don't really live in my computer. I haven't met many of my friends from Ravelry IRL, but the weekend before last I met Allison. She's from Rehoboth Beach, DE where we have our vacation condo and she just opened an LYS. It's an amazing thing she's done, just a sweet shop. And she was nice enough to let me take pictures. Kitschy Stitch is the name of the shop and it's in a cute little house just off the main street.


Allison was so friendly and she has the store looking just darling. She has some beautiful yarn and some fabric and a big table for knitting groups. She has classes and she's having a KAL, I think. I'm hoping she's going to have something for World Wide Knit in Public Day because I'd love to go.










Allison was nice enough to let me pet all her yarn and I bought this. I think I've found my new favorite LYS.


5 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Very sweet looking shop! Full of light...and yarn. It's fun to check out the "personality" of different LYS's, and when one calls your name, watch out!

sara said...

Awesome looking shop! I would love to have a real LYS. I'm afraid my choices are Michael's, Hobby Lobby or a road trip to Birmingham (about 2 hours) :-(

The Big Burbs said...

Oh what fabulous little store! A dream come true for both store owner and patrons alike.

I love the yarn and pattern book you scored. Who doesn't love Noro and that baby bamboo is a dream to knit. Sirdar has the cutest patterns for little ones, don't they? You most post what you are going to make!

kitschystitch said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed my shop, and thanks so much for the publicity! It was great meeting you. I look forward to seeing you again soon! :)

Allison

maryeb said...

What an adorable shop. It looks very inviting. Wish I were there.

LOL, I like the idea of being an 'imaginary friend'.