Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Series of Minor Catastrophes

Well, we've had a few minor catastrophes here at Chez Truck. First a really hot spell, which was followed by some violent thunderstorms, one of which caused our first problem. Apparently, lightning hit our satellite dish. So now we only have about one third of the channels we should in the living room and none at all upstairs. After much fussing and a little cursing, Mr. Truck has ordered cable and it will be installed next week. It has to coincide with the insulation that is being pumped into the walls. Don't even ask Mr. Truck about all this, he gets a little testy. Then Francois broke. This is a real tragedy for me. Oh, Francois is my Roomba iRobot vacuum cleaner. Just push his button and off he goes. Except he's not going, so there's more time with Tech Support, and he probably has to go to Roomba Hospital, and I HAVE TO ACTUALLY VACUUM! Through all this turmoil, I've been calmly knitting away. I've been working on the pink blanket from my last post. I made these booties out of leftover sock yarn and they almost are twins.



And I finished this sweater for me. The Short Sleeved Cardigan from Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2007. (I love the buttons!) I'm always cold in the AC at work and this is just the right thing to keep me warm.



I've also been using this a lot, getting ready for Summer of Socks 2008. Mr. Truck, master carpenter that he is made it from these directions and it works really well.




And it's probably the only thing we have right now that doesn't need Tech Support!

2 comments:

kibbles said...

I'm in the market to purchase a new yarn swift as mine bit the dust, but thanks to your post, I think I'll just have DH make me one! Thanks for posting the link. Your new swift looks great!!

Jolynn said...

I am going to see if my BF can make one of those for me... Hmm...

^_^