Thursday, September 25, 2008

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm done soaking and rinsing my Seascape Stole and I'm laying it out to start blocking and this is what I see! I must have caught it on something, I have no idea. But I'm not freaking out and screaming calm now and I have a little more perspective on this.





I can try to fix it, but the yarn is really thin; or I can undo it and knit that part again. It's just the sixteen repeats at the end so I think that's my best option. Of course I'm open to any ideas, now that I'm calm.

6 comments:

Iron Needles said...

I might be inclined to reknit if it is the end repeats. I have this in my queue, with yarn ready, and everything. This gives me pause....

Minding My Own Stitches said...

wishing you good karma, or beer - whichever helps more!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, that's awful. I think I would have moaned and maybe cried.

But, we're calm now. No need to bring that back up. A crochet hook should be able to duplicate your stitches - just weave the end back in, collecting the dropped stitch(es) along the way. But if this is a gift, I would absolutely rip it back and reknit it. Then, you're sure.

Oh, and good luck!

Diane said...

OMG I think I would have had a heart attack. I hope you can fix it. Good luck!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I think I'd reknit the end, because it's going to show. But I'm that way. Good luck, whatever you choose!

Anonymous said...

Omg! There would have been tears if that happened to me. Tell me you managed to sort it out!