Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What to do in a Hurricane and Some Exciting News

Hurricane Hanna was on her way and we were expecting heavy rain and some wind with a flood advisory, so what do we do? Go to Ikea. I've been reorganizing a bit (and that's a really long story for another time) and I wanted to get a new cupboard for my knitting. So we drove through the rain and wind and found what I wanted. And ate the meatballs. I bought this bookcase with these doors, and Mr. Truck got to play with his tools and put it all together. And now it looks like this. I can't show you the rest of the room because I'm painting the bookshelves and it's all topsy-turvy. But my stash and needles and books are all organized now.





Now for the exciting news: Maryeb has nominated me for a Brillante Weblog Award. I'm so flattered. Thank you so much!


Now it's my turn to pass it on to seven bloggers. I think I'm going to pick seven people who have commented recently since there are so many amazing blogs to choose from. So here, in no particular order, are my nominees:

RedScot
PrincessPea
Aim
CCC
minding my own stitches
pdxknitterati
marie

Go check out their blogs if you haven't already. They all have so much to share.

And more in the exciting news category I won a prize in the Ravelympics! Woo hoo! I was picked for a surprise prize and I can't wait to see it. Actually, I don't even care what it is, I've never won anything before, so I know I'll love it. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your win! It will be fun to see what you won.

Thanks for the nomination! I'm off to check out your others...

RedScot said...

Hey! Thank you SO much for the nomination! I'm afraid I gave into peer pressure (and my own blog-wanderlust) and changed the colours! :: blushes :: The content, unfortunately, stays the same!

;-)

TY again and GOOD LUCK!

p.s. I LOVE you bookcase and doors - I have several Billys' at home!

RedScot said...

p,s,! CONGRATS on the Ravelympics prize! Heh!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Wow! You nominated ME! Thanks!

And please do post when you get your surprise prize from Ravelry ... it'll feel like we've all won!

Anonymous said...

Well there's nothing like getting your priorities straight is there!
Love your yarn cupboard! Do you find yourself just sitting gazing at it now?

Anonymous said...

I love your new cupboard! I wish I had a place that I could store my yarn ... and see it at the same time. Mine is stashed downstairs in a cedar closet. It's safe, but I miss having it in front of me.

Thanks again for the nomination!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks so much Susan!

Congratulations on the nomination, and on the Ravelry prize!

Aim said...

wow, thanks for the nomination, that is a really sweet thing to do!!!

I love your bookcase! That is a great way to store your stuff :)