Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Talented Mr. Truck

I've been away for a bit, and I really don't like the "I've been a bad blogger" explanation but we've had a crisis here. My Mother-in-law was involved in a serious car accident and we've been totally focused on her for over a week. She's fine, or she will be soon, but it's taken all our time and energy making sure of her care. So that being said, back to blogging.

I talk a lot about all the things I do and I've mentioned things other people make but I've recently realized I haven't said anything about how talented Mr. Truck is. He makes things out of wood and I thought I'd show you some. I tell him what I want and show him a picture and then I get it. Amazing. This is a bench for the bottom of our bed that I saw in a Crate & Barrel catalog. I need to get a cushion and some baskets for the cubbyholes, but it's just what I wanted.





And this is a TV stand that I saw in a store. All it needs are the glass in the doors. Mr. Truck wants to learn to cut glass but I think we'll just buy it. Sounds dangerous to me.




And this was one of a few hot plates he made for Christmas last year. And no we didn't drink all the wine, we were collecting corks from everyone for quite a while. I have to claim the credit for gluing them, though. I'm the one with the hot glue gun.




This makes all the tools I've bought him (and I'm not even sure what they all are) so worth it.

2 comments:

Diane said...

That furniture is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see the bench with cushions on it. I'm glad your mother-in-law will be OK, sorry to hear about the accident.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Wow, the furniture is gorgeous and I love the wine cork hotplates!