Friday, March 7, 2008

Look What's Up!

I love knitting but another thing I really love, well besides Mr. Truck, the grandchildren, the dogs, the kids, the cat, my family...where was I? Oh, it's gardening. This makes winter so hard. I hate being a prisoner inside, I want to go out and play. So every morning recently I've been making the rounds outside, while the dogs are out, inspecting the garden. And look what I found, Snowdrops!


The very first flowers. So ephemeral but so nice to see their little heads.


And crocus!


These are the snow crocus and maybe they'll be open tomorrow. And look, the dafodils are letting me know they'll be here soon.


Oh, and I saw a robin today. I think spring is on its way.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I love the first flowers of spring! don't live where snowdrops or crocuses can grow these days, but i remember them from childhood. may spring continue to strengthen every day from here on out in your part of the world.

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

Such nice photos of spring.. I miss the bulb type flowers sprouting up in yards.. because, well.. you really don't see yards in Korea. Sigh..

Of course, there are other signs of spring.. the trees do bud. So, at least that's something nice to see.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. :D